Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Will it be cheque or bank transfer?/Préférez-vous un chèque ou un virement bancaire?

Recently prepared a small translation for a new client who had picked my name from my professional association website. It was a challenging job but by speaking with the author, I was able to understand the subject matter and provide a credible French translation in a relatively short time. The client was happy.

J’ai récemment eu l’occasion d’effectuer une petite traduction pour un client qui avait pris mon nom du site web de mon association professionnelle. Le travail avait ses difficultés mais j’ai réussi, en en discutant avec l’auteur, à comprendre de quoi il s’agissait et de fournir une traduction française respectable dans des délais relativement courts. Le client était enchanté.

Several days later, I receive a call from a different staff person in the company who asks me if I would mind if they paid my invoice by other means than a cheque. Our national Postal Services are threatening strike action and the client was concerned that I would not get paid on time! It was suggested that they use a bank transfer to my bank. 

Quelques jours plus tard, je reçois un appel d’un autre employé de cette même entreprise qui me demande si cela me dérangerait de me faire payer autrement que par chèque? Notre Service des postes menace de faire grève et le client avait peur que je ne me fasse pas payer à temps ! Il me suggéra de me faire payer par virement bancaire.

I was able to provide the pertinent information and the invoice, which specified Net 30 days, got paid in 3 days! That, to me, is the sign of a company that is professional and knows how to care for their suppliers. 

J’ai facilement pu lui donner les renseignements nécessaires et la facture, dont les modalités de paiement prévoyaient Net 30 jours, a été réglée en trois jours! Pour moi, c’est un signe d’une entreprise de haute qualité, qui sait comment s’occuper de ses fournisseurs.

No comments: